This is your final push! The really hard stuff is behind you, so don’t run out of steam.
WEEK 15 TO-DOS
- Revise your 8th & 9th applications.
- Draft your 10th application.
- Interview with colleges.
- Confirm that the early applications you submitted are complete (see Week 14).
- Finalize your 4th scholarship application.
- Verify your CSS/Profile data report and update colleges directly if there are any changes or you spot any errors.
- Prepare for standardized tests.
THIS WEEK AND EVERY WEEK
- Check your email, voicemail, texts, and snail mail for any communications that relate to applying to college. Read them and take whatever action is necessary.
- Update your parents about what you’re doing. This regular communication will work wonders in your relationship with your parents during this stress-filled year.
TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Commit to your final push. Make a pact with yourself to have all of your applications done and ready to submit by November 30.
2. Review your financial aid documents carefully. Fix any errors as quickly as possible, because they can snowball. That would be bad (and potentially expensive) for you.
Anna Ivey is one of the founders of Inline. An experienced admissions consultant and a frequently cited media expert on the topic of college admissions, she is also co-author of the book How to Prepare a Standout College Application. Learn more about Anna's background here.